Spring cleaning around your house?
Remember that you should definitely consider cleaning your business’ social media applications as well. A thorough cleaning will ensure that your platforms are organized, up-to-date, and operating at their optimum efficiency. Here are Loud Canvas Media’s 10 Social Media Spring Cleaning tips:
- Make sure that your business’ profile picture – be it for Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter – is both current and professional. Center the photo, or logo, and confirm the resolution is so that the image is crystal clear.
- Check over the ‘About’ section, as well as any contact information – this information should be recent, accessible, and well written.
- Emphasize the most important information you want the world to see.
- Unlike any pages that are no longer relevant to your business.
- Delete any apps that you no longer are utilizing – this goes for both social (on Facebook, etc.), as well as your smartphone.
- Unfollow (on Instagram and Twitter) any fake accounts, those that have never engaged or connected with you, and those that do not offer any value to you.
- Review and confirm that your posts are professional, appropriate, and in-line with your business’ marketing strategy.
- With LinkedIn, be sure that your title and set of skills and experiences are up-to-date. Review to see what you need to add and/or highlight on your account.
- Understand the demographic that is frequenting your various applications. Make sure the posts are tailored to those past, present, and future clients.
- Confirm that each social media account is directly linked to your webpage.