1) Social media is not simply something that you can ‘set and forget’. Each platform becomes your garden – you must tend to it, cultivating relationships and curating content.
2) Engage, educate, and execute. Talk to those in your circle, educate those outside of it, and execute – to build new relationships, foster new friendships, and gain new clients.
3) Put out a high QUANTITY of high QUALITY content on your platforms – you’ll build awareness of your business and your brand, further gaining leverage.
4) Provide information of value. Make sure that your content has meaning (and it’s not simply a retweet of some cute cat photo).
5) Remember that you are talking to other humans…share your story and listen to theirs.